Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Holiday Project

 
Well, I’m home now. It was Thursday morning when I arrived at home after a long and tiring journey for about 13 hours (Surabaya-Magelang). Actually this semester holiday was started at January 7th, but I do have to delay my plan to go home because I have to attend the Department Agama Annually Training and Devotion which is this year held in Al Yasini Islamic Boarding School Pasuruan. As usual, I with my English Department friends have to practice to teach Al Yasini High School students. And it was little bit funny because I got the listening section. You know, I’m not really good in Listening but I have to teach them about the strategy to get a good mark in listening section. In fact, I have never got the perfect score in my listening class when I was in high school or now when I in Airlangga University. But Thanks God…, finally I could give the best for them because I give them listening practice through a song! ^_^. I choose The Climb by Miley Cyrus because I think the student is in the last grade and they need motivation to prepare the Final Examination (UAN). And beleive me, this song tells a really good motivated story to us.
After I comeback from Pasuruan, again, i have to postponed my plan to go home because I have to go to Airlangga Rektorat to sign for my fellowship, because a very big thankful to Allah that this year… I had chosen as one of receiver BKM Fellowship. Then after all of those thing were finished, I could go home with the very warm heart… imagining how my family will greet my arrival.
Then finally… here I am. In my comfort without window room (^_^), and writing this note. Since yesterday, my spirit to write had been raising and hammering on my lazy door. And suddenly I realize… how long I spend my life without writing anything at all? I forgot my old habit to produce tens of short stories a month (which is unfortunately were refused by all magazine). I forgot my child dream to become a famous writer. Yeah, everything that makes my life more colored had disappeared. But now, in this holiday, when I am free from million of college tasks, i feel that there is someone else inside myself who push me to write “something”, maybe she is someone who comes from the past. And I don’t know why I can’t refuse her ask. Then I think for a while before finally I decide to try make a project. A project that able to makes me serious and give a commitment to write. Yeah, I promise to myself that in this holiday, I have to produce minimum five short stories and a half of my first novel. The other side of me even think, that how impossible this project to do, considering how lazy I am to write in this three last years and the fact that this holiday is only about a month. But I know that thing that i have to do is writing and not thinking about so many others thing, and I will she whether this project will finish or not…

No comments:

Post a Comment