Thursday, October 22, 2009

Perahu Kertas: the most wonderful love story I’ve ever read…



I just read Perahu Kertas written by Dewi Dee Lestari last Sunday and I want to share how this great novel impress me in several ways. Actually, I already have a big desire to read this novel since several mounts ago when I found its synopsis in Fahd Djibran’s blog. But there are some obstacles that made me couldn’t buy this novel. I have no friend to company me to go to book shop, I don’t have enough time because of my full schedule, and the worse is I don’t have enough money to buy! But luckily… in this October, although my college’s schedule is still trapped me, finally I can get this novel!
It was Thursday if I’m not mistaken, when I found there were nobody in my rent-house. Then I knew that several of them were enjoyed shoping in Togamas bookstore. Spontaniously, I sent a short message to one of them (Halim) to buy me this novel without considering how much money I have in my pocket. And about a couple hours later, I already have this novel in my hand. I can’t describe how satisfy I am at that time. But unfortunately, I had to delay to read that novel until Sunday because I had too many college’s tasks to do. 
And when I started read this perahu kertas at Sunday morning, I can’t stop it! Even to get a lunch or drink when I felt starving and thirsty. This story was really attrack me and I felt really touched by each characters and every scene on it. I could imagine clearly how unique and cute Kugy as the central character, how handsome and cool Keenan as the amateur painter, and even I could feel how deep their feeling into each other. I couldn’t control my emotion when I found Wanda’s character as Kugy’s rival to get Keenan’s attention. How Wanda’s appearance annoyed me and although she is described as the beautiful and smart girl, but I imagined her as the “norak” and dumb one. And when Luhde’s character appeared, I even felt really mad. Haha… as feel as that I am is Kugy ( I totally realize that from the beginning, I read it from Kugy’s point of view).
Well, maybe for other people this novel is just an ordinary novel and not as special as I fell, as I asked one of my friend who already read this novel ( Ainun ) to give comment, and she mentions that this novel doesn’t impress her so much, but for me… this novel is the first romance novel that can makes me touched and even cry! I feel that’s really special because I really seldom touched and cry because of romance story within novel. Even I wonder with myself when several of my friends cried because of the love story in Ayat-ayat Cinta and I was not. 
I though this Perahu Kertas really different from Ayat-Ayat Cinta and others novel. The love journey between Kugy and Keenan is not only about love, but also about sharing a dream, and I think that’s the point that astonished me. I always amazed by story which is related to the struggle to follow a dream, as I startled by the Ikal’s journey in Laskar Pelangi. Moreover, the most essential from this novel is that this story really inspired me that I shouldn’t forget my childhood dream. After read it, I totally agree that sometime we have to be brave to decide our way of life. And that happiness is not about how much money we will have or how successful our career will be, but it is about how satisfy we are when we reach our real dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment